Virtual Private Networking (VPN) software creates a secure, encrypted connection between your off-campus computer and the campus network. Affiliates of InCHIP can use VPN software to connect securely to the campus network from off-campus. This software, called Junos Pulse, must be downloaded to your computer, installed and configured. To connect using the full VPN client, download it below, install and configure it as directed.
1. Download Client
If you are unsure which version you need to download, please contact InCHIP IT.
Windows 7, 8, 8.1 & 10 for 64-Bit Systems: Junos Pulse Client 5.0 64-Bit
Windows 7, 8, 8.1 & 10 for 32-Bit Systems: Junos Pulse Client 5.0 32-Bit
2. Install Client
- Launch the client and click “Next >”
- Select “Typical” and click “Next >”
- Click “Install”
- Wait for the progress bar to complete several times
- Make sure that “Launch Junos Pulse” is checked and click “Finish”
3. Configure Client
- Double click on Junos client icon to launch application
- Click the “+” Symbol and enter the shown values and click “Add”.
- Click on “Connect”
- You will be prompted to enter your InCHIP ID [usually First Initial, Last Name] and password. To save this step in the future you may select “Save Settings”. To have increased security, do not check “Save settings” and you will be prompted each time you connect.
- You are now connected to the VPN
- To disconnect from the VPN right click on the Junos icon in the taskbar , mouse over “CHIP VPN” and select “Disconnect”