NOTE: For these instructions to work you MUST be on one of the University wired networks or UCONN-SECURE wireless network. Other networks and UCONN-GUEST will require you to be connected to the VPN. See this page for instructions connecting to the VPN.
- From “Finder” select “Go” and choose “Connect to Server…”
- Type “smb://files.uconn.edu/home/<NetID>” (Without quotes, replacing “<NetID>” with your UConn NetID) and click “Connect”
NOTE: If you will be using this frequently or connect to other servers you may wish to click the “+” button before clicking “Connect” to save the address for future use.
- Enter your NetID and NetID password. Check “Remember this password” and click “Connect”
- Go to the desktop and open up the newly-mounted “home” drive:
- drag your <NetID> folder into your “Favorites” list so that you can easily access it in the future.